Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ishaan likes finding his way through a maze

Last year, I ordered an Easy Mazes book for Kavya, but when it arrived, I realized Kavya was too big for those mazes - she was already doing more complex mazes. So, I decided to save it for Ishaan.

Today evening, after coming home from school, I was thinking of some activity for Ishaan and remembered that book. So, I decided to introduce it to Ishaan. Ishaan immediately got the hang of it and wanted to do more and more and more. He already completed lots of mazes.

Then something interesting happened. For every maze, there was an arrow suggesting where to start and a star suggesting where to end. So, I would tell Ishaan to look for arrow to start and then draw his way to the star. When we came across a maze in the shape of a fox, the arrow and the star were relatively close to each other. So, instead of navigating through the maze, Ishaan conveniently drew a line from the arrow to the star outside of the maze and started laughing. I also couldn't resist laughing on seeing his clever or innocent (?) trick :)

No comments: