Friday, January 27, 2012

Kavya is becoming independent

Kavya is 6 years old now and is becoming independent in lot of things. While that is what I have been looking forward to, its also making me sad thinking that my little girl will soon not need mommy as much:(

Gaurav and I usually sleep with Ishaan and Kavya when putting them to bed. Often times it takes them over half an hour to fall asleep and during that time, we have to try hard not to fall asleep so that we can do something after they are asleep. So, I have been thinking and telling kids when will they start sleeping on their own ? 2 days this week, Kavya said she is going to sleep by herself. One of those days, she was not feeling much sleepy. So, after Ishaan slept off, I went and hugged her and tried to put her to bed.. and she just shrugged me off saying "Mommy, I will sleep on my own".

While this gave me more time for myself, I felt sad :(
No wonder that parents of grown-up kids always say "Enjoy your kids at every stage.."

Yesterday, she changed her school dress and got dressed for her art class all by herself. While she had been doing this before, yesterday was different because she wore a nice dress with a T-shirt underneath and stockings too. She even folded her long sleeves to fit her just right. She came down and was so proud. She told me that she wore the stockings all by herself too. I hugged her.. Felt good that she was able to do that, but also felt sad again thinking that she doesn't need me for a lot of things now.

Its funny how you want your kids to grow up, but still you want to feel like they need you.

No comments: