Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"Can I have my own cell phone?" asks 6 yr old Kavya

Kavya loves playing games on my and Gaurav's phone.. but she doesn't like to talk to people on the phone. If you ask her to talk to someone, she will either ignore you or come for a minute, say few words and then hand the phone back.

Today, while driving home from school, she said "Can I have my own cell phone, mommy?". I was surprised and laughingly asked her "Do you know at what age mommy got her first cell phone". She replied "I don't know.. may be 11". And I told her that I got my first phone when I was 25. And she started laughing that at 25, you get married.. And I was like "yeah .. I got my cell phone when I got married".

She also added that she has thought of her phone number too.. So, it seems that she thinks she can pick and have whatever number she wants.

Kids these days are so fast about asking for anything and everything. It almost seems like they don't realize that everything costs money.. and that money does not grow on trees.

No comments: