Thursday, January 05, 2012

Is Kavya really just 6 years old ?

Today morning, Kavya was trying to call out all the words that end with 'ell'. She went on .. fell, bell, smell, cell, spell, hell .. and then I asked her if she knew what hell meant?

She didn't. So, I explained here that there are 2 places - hell and heaven. If we be good, then we go to heaven when we die and there are all good things in heaven. But if we be mean and do bad things, then we go to hell when we die and there are devils who harass you there.

And then I went on to explain that God is always watching each and every one of us and he knows if we have been good or bad. He even knows what we are thinking and doing - even if you hide and do something.

She responded "Yes, God makes us do whatever we do. We are like robots for him and he controls us."

I was shocked for a minute when I heard that. It just seemed so deep and thoughtful and it made me wonder if that was really her thought or did someone else mention it to her..and if it was indeed her thought, is she really just 6 years old ?

No comments: