Monday, December 26, 2011

Is Santa Claus real ?

Before Christmas, Kavya told me that Santa Claus is not real and that parents put the gifts under the Christmas tree, not Santa Claus. I was surprised and happy that the girl knows it all. She even said that tooth fairy is not real and that parents put the money/gift under the pillow.

Come Christmas day, the kids woke up bright and early to open up their presents and are all happy. Then, Kavya took 2 stockings and hung them on her and Ishaan's bed telling me that Santa will come and put gifts in the stockings that night.

I was surprised. I thought she was kidding. I told her they already got the gifts. She responded that parents gave those gifts. Now, Santa will put more gifts in the stocking if she leaves them overnight.

I still thought she was joking. However, today morning she was sad that the stocking was empty. She came to us and said Santa skipped our house.. there is nothing in the stocking..

I felt like laughing.. but I told her that may be Santa ran out of time or may be since she and Ishaan were fighting, they got on to Santa's naughty list :)

She forgot about it all little later.. but it does make me think if she really knows that Santa Claus is not real ?

No comments: