Saturday, October 17, 2009

Kavya's 1st rangoli

This Diwali, I really wanted to do a rangoli with Kavya. I got some colored sand (US equivalent of Rangoli colors :-) ) from Michael's and then was wondering how/where to do it. I did not have the time to do a big one on the patio and I figured that if I did a smaller one, Kavya will get somewhat frustrated if she cannot fill the color within the rangoli design properly.

Finally, I decided to just let Kavya do it on a paper. I printed out some cool rangoli designs from the web. Then today, I set it all up for Kavya. I poured the colored sand in 4 bowls and gave her the paper with the design. To make sure that she does not get frustrated, I decided to use some glue. So, I first applied glue to some part of the design and then asked Kavya to put sand over it. I then helped her to clear out the unwanted sand that was outside the rangoli pattern.

It turned out to be pretty quick and neat. I enjoyed it and Kavya did a good job too.




No comments: