Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Little Kavya is not that little any more :(

I remember little Kavya when she was 2 or 3 years old.. she was so cute and filled with innocence. Now that she will be almost 5, I can totally feel that she is growing up and becoming an individual with her own temperament, thoughts, opinions and attitude.

In whatever we do, she has lots of questions and also an opinion on how and what to do. She also wants to pick her own clothes to wear with matching pins/rubber bands and socks. Sometimes, she also wants to help me pick my clothes and ear rings :)

Lately, if I ask her to get something for me, she retorts "Who needs it ? you or me? Since you want it, you go get it!"

It is also not easy any more to just make up something and convince her. She needs more reasoning and she understands it all. She gets mad if you don't listen to her and makes faces as well. Often times, she is lost in her own thoughts or action or may be just because, and does not listen or pay attention to what you are saying. Her school teacher had also mentioned this in our last meeting.

What's funny is that now she helps me to convince / threaten Ishaan by making up stuff. If Ishaan is not eating or doing some mischief, I tell him that cops will come.. and Kavya will actually pretend that she is calling cops or will knock on the door/wall suggesting that cops are here :) While that helps, I am not sure if that is good :)

The big problem is that while she understands lot of things, she does not understand or cannot interpret everything. For example, we teach her not call other names. Then other day, I was just calling her cute names... and she immediately complained to me "Mommy, you are calling me names". I tried to explain her that these are cute names, something I am using out of love. But she failed to understand.

When kids are small, we often wonder when will they grow up.Now that I see my little girl is growing up, I miss those golden days of innocence. I want my little innocent Kavya back :)

No comments: